Skip to main content

Redicovering the music!

I have been discovering music these days, I am a music freak who loves to listen music, on my top list there are artists like Parveen, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Talat Mahmood, Md. Rafi, Mukesh, Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh, Mehndi Hassan, Shamshad Begum, Lata Mangeshkar. For me music is not just about hearing, its about living into it. For each artist I love I have a story behind it, that why I love him/her. When I was a child I couldn't understand what Ghulam ali sahab was singing but I just loved listening him. My Nanaji listens to all type of music and I owe him for making me love these artists. Lets start this discussion by putting here top songs of these artists.



This is one of the best song of Abida Parveen, and I have heard it for more than 1000 times, each time I hear this song it looks as fresh as if I am hearing it for the first time. This is I think the beauty of her voice. Absolutely mesmerising. I can listen to her for whole day long, just one song. My biggest wish in life is to listen to Abida Parveen live, I can't explain how eager I am to listen her live. And I am sure I will, one day. Let's now take a look at another song by Abida Parveen,




I am addicted to this song by Abida Parveen, absolutely amazing poetry by Aamir Khushro. I feel that she is a living legend, I am now desperate to listen her live.

Now I am going to put a couple of Qawwalis of Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, the biggest singer ever, I believe that when he sings he talks to God! His voice is so powerful that just listening him can take you closer to god!



I can't believe that Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is not more, He reached there, where no one can reach. Here is a video in which Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan looks completely lost in singing,



Can anybody say a word on it? I can't!

Now coming to another artist which I just love, Talat Mahmood, one the best companion of my life. He is the king of sad songs, I am putting here one of the song I used to hear at the age of 12, and is listening till now, the voice, the music, the lyrics everything is so perfect, it can bring tears to anybody!



If the above song made you sad, the next song can make you cry,



and here is another my favourite one, the sad song again, the magical voice again, and Dilip Kumar at its best!



I am a big fan of Talat Mahmood, I know its surprising that how I come to discover him at this young age. Thanks again to my Nanaji who did it for me.

Here is the song we all used to listen like a prayer to God, during my childhood, we all, my cousins, my sisters, while at farm house along with my Nanaji, the lyrics of this song can be treated as a prayer to God, or it can also be taken as a request from a lover to his loved one, just amazing!



I can't resist myself putting here my favourite songs of Talat Mahmood, here are the few more songs.

Each song I am putting here has a story behind it, for me loving them ;). I can relate myself to them, my childhood memories are attached to them.



Again a most wonderful song by Talat Mahmood, it reminds me of the old days we used to listen it during our summer vaccation, can anybody bring me back my old days? just one day! take me back to those days, I am having tears in my eyes right now, I don't know why. This is certainly a very strange situation, I can't understand why I am crying, I am still listening to Talat, I can't be back to that time.

The next song is another gem from Talat Mahmood,



And putting an end to this list here is the diamond,



There is no way we can compare legends, comparing them is like comparing rose with jasmine, both are beautiful and just incomparable.

Now I am gonna put my favourite song by Mukesh,



I can say this song looks to everybody, as if it is written for him. Anybody can relate himself to this song. And I too feel attached to it. I want to sing this song! For some other reason, :P hope she can bear my terrible voice.

Now the next song is dedicated to all broken hearts, the song that suits to almost 70% of all love stories.



Another sad song by the King of Sad songs Mukesh.


Now one very romantic song, in the voice of Mukesh



I am not a great person to praise Mukesh or to justify how great he is, I am just a listener who loves to listen his songs.

Mohd. Rafi, "The name is enough", I discovered Mohd. Rafi very late as compared to Mukesh and Talat Mahmood but I am lucky that I finally discovered him. Lets watch one great song from Mohd. Rafi.



Mohd. Rafi's voice is like velvet. Now let's watch a very beautiful song by Rafi Sahab, picturised at Bharat Bhushan and Madhubala.



The best song to listen when you are drunk and you are sad,



Then there comes the song which is called all time great.



Along the lines of all the legends I put Shamshad Begum, here is a very nice song by Shamshad Begum



Shamshad Begum's songs were also my companion in childhood though I now don't listen to her too much but her songs have always a great place in my heart. The next song is among my all time favourite, a must watch.



Now the song that comes from movie Deedar, I love all the songs of this movie.



If you want to recall your old sweet childhood days and childhood love ;) here is the song you were looking for,



Can anything be as simple as this one, superb classic.



Now comes the everybody's favourite Lata, I love the songs Lata Mangeshkar sang at her younger age, here is one gem from her, A must watch for atleast 1000 time.




One of the first song I heared of Lata and obviously the best as it has my childhood memories attached with it.



Now listen to this and you will feel like in some other world,



Cutting this post here I will continue it in the next post.

With all the songs above I have an attachment and have a story behind them, my own story. The memories I have with these songs make them more valuable for me, I think everybody has a story behind for the song he/she loves. And one thing I want to tell is that there is no age for discovering new music, we can discover new music any time. As these days I am discovering Fusion Music and I am absolutely in love with the Indian Ocean Band! Thank you Indian Ocean for producing such thing, and I discovered Beatles, I have become their fan. In the next posts to come I will write down about my these new discoveries, so stay tuned and do write back anything you feel like! Have a nice time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

इस दस्त में इक शहर था वो क्या हुआ?

I am listening to a very very beautiful ghazal by Ghulam ali, and I want to dedicate this post to this ghazal। The ghazal starts with a 'sher' which goes like, अपनी आवाज़ की लर्जिश पे तो काबू पा लो, प्यार के बोल तो होठों से निकल आते है, अपने तेवर तो सम्भालों की कोई ये न कहे दिल बदलते है तो चेहरे भी बदल जाते है। I don't remember how many times i have listened this ghazal but still each time i listen to this, it gives me a new meaning. This is the beauty of ghazals, you can get a new meaning every time you listen. ये दिल ये पागल दिल मेरा क्यूँ बुझ गया, आवारगी, इस दस्त में इक शहर था वो क्या हुआ, आवारगी! The english translation is impossible, attempting that will be like killing the ghazal। What I could understand from this line is "what had happened to me", इक अजनबी झोंके ने जब पूछा जब मेरे ग़म का शबब सेहरा की भीगी रेत पे मैंने लिखा, आवारगी। Then ghulam ali sahab takes us to some other place by just his voice, amazing. ये दर्द की तन्हाईयाँ, ये दस्त का वीरान सफर, हम ल

आख़िर तमन्ना ही तो है!

तमन्ना का क्या है? आख़िर तमन्ना ही तो है! न ख्वाब है, न हकीकत है! तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना है। जो सच नही वो ख्वाब है, जो सच है वो हकीकत है। जो ख्वाब हो कर भी हकीकत लगे, वो तमन्ना है शायद। खुली आंखों से जो दिखे, वो हकीकत है, जो बंद आंखों से दिखे वो ख्वाब है, जो दोनों से दिखे वो तमन्ना है शायद। सोच कर ही जिसके बारे में, आह निकले वो है तमन्ना! ख्वाब है न हकीकत है, तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना है! ख्वाब तो फिर भी पूरे हो जाते है तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना रहती है! पूरी हो जाए जो तमन्ना वो तमन्ना नहीं ख्वाब था। न ख्वाब है न हकीकत है, तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना है। हर पल एक नई तमन्ना है, हर पल पुरानी को भूलना है। आख़िर तमन्ना ही तो है!

How Osho and Open Source are connected?

In the deepest layer of mine there exist a thought that Osho and Open Source are inter related, once my younger sister asked me what is Open Source and why I am so crazy about it? As Osho's ideology inhibit in all of us in our family, to explain her what exactly Open Source is, I told her, Open Source is like Osho, when we talk about Open source we certainly mean no Microsoft, similarly when we talk about Osho we certainly mean not the trivial way of thinking. I don't know if I can justify this thought by giving some equations, but certainly there is some connection. My heart says this. Open Source is a movement, Osho is a movement and both are related to make life better, think better, think bigger, respect individuality. The biggest connection I find between Open Source and Osho is the importance both to freedom. Open source is all about freedom, free to share, freedom to choose, freedom to modify, Open source talks about freedom of every type so as Osho talks about freedom,