Skip to main content

Being Sakshama through Sakshama


Writing here after ages, Its gonna be interesting now, We have a college fest called Sakshama, a national level techfest, initiated by our senior AKM when he was in his final year and I was in second year! Sakshama was started with a bang! Was a great start for our college as we didn't have anything as good and as large as it was planned, before. Being in second year you can imagine the amount of excitement I had about the fest! The bad thing is that not many people were as excited as a few of us were! Recalling all that now I feel that it was like starting a small company with something you are passionate about and you feel like doing anything for it. We were a small group of people doing everything, website, posters, events, inviting people, registrations everything was being done by almost 10 of us, four from final year and six from second year! The good thing was the driving force behind all this was pure! We wanted to do something big! During the last days of fest people started coming and joining the team, team grew! It was very pleasant to see! The first edition of the fest taught me so many things that I will carry with myself whole my life! In the first year, I became passionate about entrepreneurship! I had my startup in my mind all the time, Sakshama 797 helped me living that dream! During the three days of fest, everything went so well that! It was an effort worth millions!

And Then came the next version of Sakshama called Sakshama X08! My role changed! from a newbie doing everything I become into the technical stuff! Again learnt a lots of things! Ah! I remember how things changed! Now sakshama had a proper office, computers, internet, huge team and a big budget lots of people to plan, lots of ideas to implement the common thing between the 797 and X08 was that we had same passion, we the group of people from third year now had bigger responsibilities this time and yes we had better knowledge this time. I remember spending nights alone in Sakshama Chamber doing website stuff, planning , carving ideas with the same passion and the thing that I learnt from X08 was hard work, I used that in my life and achieved so many things! There were few bad experiences as well, especially they occur when things get popular everyone tries to get the maximum benefit from it, so unwanted people got attracted, but that's natural, there was always a balance between good and bad, and good always dominated! The experience of 797 helped us plan things easily, the glory of 797 attracted crowd with lesser efforts, we had a good budget now, good resources, good team so everything eventually went well in the end!

I am now in final year, again we have Sakshama this year called Generation Next! Being in final year , priorities changed, we have so many things in mind! And its Generation next so I always wanted that next generation should handle everything this time! But I guess not everyone was amused by this, so I am again in the team, doing same old stuff! And obviously its now easy to do those things! GN09 is huge now, we have the largest team almost 500 people this time in the team, budget is huge, the culture we started in college is now growing, students are passionate about Sakshama, everyone is coming with ideas and ways to implement them, its exactly what I wanted to happen when I was in first year and its now happening! I should be happy!

The old thing is happening to Sakshama, Sakshama is again teaching me lessons of my life, It showed me where need to improve in my life! I will keep this experience with me in my mind if I ever start something of my own!

This is the time when a college like ours can choose if it really wants to be in the bigger league or just remain in the B grade college, the mind set of students is changing, but nothing seems to be changing in the administration and here is the danger that things can turn to the wrong side!

I am no one to advice anyone but the love for my college and love for the things we have done for it makes me write this that if we can model something on the system used in IITs or such premier institute and turn this energy in the right path I am sure we can do wonders! I know its not anyone's headache to take care of this matter, things will be better with time, but isnt it like making things better by ruining life of 4-5 batches, not everyone is capable of taking care of their life like few of us can do. Why it happens that reformation become so tough even knowing that college can grow only if students grow and growth of college will make all things even better, doesn't everyone like to be recalled for good things? It's sad that everyone likes to be in the position he/she is,

Sometimes I feel that isnt it possible that college become a place that everyone likes to be there always, only one person can do this and that person is I dont know why keeping his eyes closed? It's not just about the college, its about anything, office should be the place everyone likes to be in, home should be the place everyone likes to be in.

Its damn frustrating that at the place where we are investing four most important years of our life, is giving us such bad experiences that we start thinking that life is like this. Why we all selfish people become so blind when it comes to our own lives and lives of our children and future of our country ? It's the conditioning of mind that is being set in these four years make this country what it is today!

If I were the principal of this college or any other such engineering college, the very moment I get the power, I will have a meet with all students, for a week or so! It would not cost anything and it will not harm anyone and yet it will do wonders! I will give people a second chance! A students body! A teachers body! This is what there should be!

Its important to make students stay in college, stop thinking about future and live in present!

Anyways! just random thoughts! came from nowhere!



Comments

Abhishek Jain said…
good one..all the best!!

Popular posts from this blog

इस दस्त में इक शहर था वो क्या हुआ?

I am listening to a very very beautiful ghazal by Ghulam ali, and I want to dedicate this post to this ghazal। The ghazal starts with a 'sher' which goes like, अपनी आवाज़ की लर्जिश पे तो काबू पा लो, प्यार के बोल तो होठों से निकल आते है, अपने तेवर तो सम्भालों की कोई ये न कहे दिल बदलते है तो चेहरे भी बदल जाते है। I don't remember how many times i have listened this ghazal but still each time i listen to this, it gives me a new meaning. This is the beauty of ghazals, you can get a new meaning every time you listen. ये दिल ये पागल दिल मेरा क्यूँ बुझ गया, आवारगी, इस दस्त में इक शहर था वो क्या हुआ, आवारगी! The english translation is impossible, attempting that will be like killing the ghazal। What I could understand from this line is "what had happened to me", इक अजनबी झोंके ने जब पूछा जब मेरे ग़म का शबब सेहरा की भीगी रेत पे मैंने लिखा, आवारगी। Then ghulam ali sahab takes us to some other place by just his voice, amazing. ये दर्द की तन्हाईयाँ, ये दस्त का वीरान सफर, हम ल

आख़िर तमन्ना ही तो है!

तमन्ना का क्या है? आख़िर तमन्ना ही तो है! न ख्वाब है, न हकीकत है! तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना है। जो सच नही वो ख्वाब है, जो सच है वो हकीकत है। जो ख्वाब हो कर भी हकीकत लगे, वो तमन्ना है शायद। खुली आंखों से जो दिखे, वो हकीकत है, जो बंद आंखों से दिखे वो ख्वाब है, जो दोनों से दिखे वो तमन्ना है शायद। सोच कर ही जिसके बारे में, आह निकले वो है तमन्ना! ख्वाब है न हकीकत है, तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना है! ख्वाब तो फिर भी पूरे हो जाते है तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना रहती है! पूरी हो जाए जो तमन्ना वो तमन्ना नहीं ख्वाब था। न ख्वाब है न हकीकत है, तमन्ना तो बस तमन्ना है। हर पल एक नई तमन्ना है, हर पल पुरानी को भूलना है। आख़िर तमन्ना ही तो है!

I am .5CH happy today! and you?

I wonder if we can measure emotions with some unit, like I am 2 kg happy or 1 kg sad,or 1 liter sad! i always use it! and today i am 2 kg happy! It has become our tendency to compare things, like 1 kg is equivalent to the mass of platinum cylinder kept in some place under the observation of a international organization so the thing is that everything is relative, since i am about to set a unit for happiness , i too need to set some standard from which we will compare our happiness, lets take some person as standard, can it be Warren Buffet, after all he is the world's richest person, we can put him as standard, but then there is a problem, he will not be the richest person all the time, so he will not be the happiest person all the time, so can it be Shahrukh khan! he is the king khan, billions of people love him, surely he is the happiest person, but i am sure he will not the happiest person all the time, so he also can't be the standard! so what can be the standard for unit o